Monday 24 March 2014

Etsy shop find... a chat with Amyisla McCombie!

I've got a lovely etsy shop find for you today,
and it's with Amyisla McCombie...

Let's get comfy... and prepare yourself for some serious eye candy!


1. Can you tell us a bit about you and your background... 

I came down to Falmouth to do my art foundation, I had no idea what I wanted to do in the art world but I just knew that it had to do with art. 
After a year of great fun experimenting I decided I wanted to do illustration as I loved the idea of representing a story of some kind. 
I then finished my degree and I am now extremely lucky to be able to do illustration full time!


2. What books/ magazines are currently on your coffee table?

Magazines I currently have are Oh Comely magazine ( as I was recently in that) Uppercase magazine, Vogue. 
As for the books I received an amazing book from my Father, 
Grayson Perry's 'The Vanity of Small Differences', that is based upon his recent exhibition.



3. Who is your design hero and what inspires you? 

 There are so many people that inspire me, from fashion designers to pottery creators.  So here are a couple of creatives that I love, Blexbolex, Daina Arbus, Chanel.


4. Tell us about a typical day for you...

I get up about 7.30, drink a huge mug of coffee whilst doing the emails, and blogging and all that. 
I then go for a run at about 9ish to get some inspiration. 
I return and float about a bit, then get ready to print my work that I have sold, then I create, paint, create alot of mess. 
I usally have a break about 6ish for a hour or so, and then I start work again, I love working at night as well.


5. Can you give us an insight into your creative process?

 I often collect ideas on pinterst if I'm given a brief, lots of photographs, then I set about to sketching, lots of mistakes and torn up pieces of paper, then I paint and draw and scan them in, a few hours later there should be some sort of illustration.


 6. Complete the following sentence, 'My happy place is.........'

when I go running when in Falmouth, I run along the coastal path, there is one place where I always stop, it looks right across the ocean and over the beach, you can see beautiful cliffs and forests and big ships! 
It's amazing.



7. What makes you laugh?

My pug!



8. What's your guilty pleasure?

A seriously delicious coffee


9. What are your top three blogs?

 The selby is my ultimate fave... you get to be nosey into creatives houses.


10. Where have you recently been travelling and where would you like to go next?

My last trip abroad was New York, and my next planned trip is so LA and on to San Francisco in May!



 Thank you so much to Amyisla for sharing a bit of her world with us!
You can follow her goings on here...


(all images above were taken from Amyisla's etsy shop and all copyright belongs to Amyisla McCombie)

x x x
SHARE:
Blog Design Created by pipdig