Wednesday 7 October 2015

Rye soda bread and the best tomato soup ever...

I'm a big fan of Jamie Oliver, and since receiving his new book, Everyday Super Food, I've tried quite a few of the recipes, and I have to say, they don't disappoint. 

I've never had much luck with bread and although this was a lot easier and starightforward to make as it misses the proving stage, I was still quite proud of myself for giving it a go, and the results being something that was not only edible (unlike my previous attempts, urgh) but really yummy.
It went particularly well with my 'go to' creamy tomato soup recipe which you can find here 
(seriously the best recipe I've tried, and I've tried a few to get a good one!)
Dare I say it, but it's a very nice homemade version of the very well known household brand,
(without all the hidden sugar!)

I didn't manage to get any decent snaps of the whole loaf as it was quickly nibbled at, mmm, but you can see a quick instagram pic here.
And here are some better ones, look at that crust...
oooh oh so proud, thank you Mr Oliver!





(photos above copyright of louise/loveprintstudio)

x x x
SHARE:
Blog Design Created by pipdig